Shared By: Diane Dowling
Senior Vice President & CFO
Washington, DC Office
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 16-oz pkg coleslaw mix
- 1/2 c scallions, chopped
- 1 pkg ramen-type noodles, uncooked, broken up, reserving flavor packet for dressing
- 1 c cooked chicken, diced (I bought the precooked strips and cut them up)
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp oriental (dark) sesame oil (it’s a bit pricey, but it adds significantly to the flavor)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 11-oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the almonds and cook, shaking the pan, until the almonds are browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the almonds, coleslaw mix, scallions, ramen noodles, and chicken until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and the contents of the flavor packet, and mix well. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture and toss to combine. Serve the salad garnished with the mandarin oranges.