Shared by: Ron Kooser, FFCSI
Chief Executive Officer
Makes about 8 cups
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound unpeeled small or baby red-skinned potatoes
- 1 pound small purple or blue potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound unpeeled small white creamer or White Rose potatoes
- 2 cups cooked fresh peas, or one 10-ounce package frozen, thawed
- ½ cups crumbled blue cheese (about 6 ounces)
Whisk ½ cup green onions and next 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and chill dressing. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Place all potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Sprinkle with salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and boil until tender, 10-15 minutes (time will vary depending on size of potatoes). Drain and cool to room temperature.
Cut potatoes into 1/2 –inch-thick slices and place in large bowl. Add dressing, peas, and blue cheese; toss gently. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
Sprinkle potato salad with paprika and remaining ½ cup green onions.
NOTE: Note the water turns blue as you’re cooking the blue potatoes, don’t worry – it won’t discolor the white and red potatoes.