Shared by: Kathleen Held
Director of Marketing & Business Development
Washington, DC Office
- 12 ounces Pepperidege Farm Milano Cookies (about a bag and a half) broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ quarts coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- ½ cup chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (optional)
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
Blend cookies in processor until finely ground. Add melted butter; process until crumbs are moistened. Press 1/2 crumb mixture onto bottom of 10″-diameter springform pan with 2-3/4-inch-high sides. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
Place ice cream in large bowl. Finely chop coffee beans. Add to bowl with ice cream; stir until well blended. Transfer ice cream mixture to crust-lined pan. Smooth top. Freeze for 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over ice cream and press gently. Freeze for two hours.
Combine 1 cup whipping cream and vanilla in another large bowl. Sift powdered sugar and cocoa over. Using electric mixer, beat until peaks form. Spread mixture over top of cake and smooth. Freeze until cream is set, at least 1 hour.
Chop chocolate squares and place in bowl. Heat ½ cup milk thoroughly until almost boiling (do not let boil!). Pour over chopped chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in Kahlua. Let sit 15 minutes until cool and slightly thick. Pour over top of cake and smooth. Decorate with chocolate-covered coffee beans. Freeze overnight.
To serve, Run knife between pan sides and cake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Using small metal spatula or knife, smooth cake sides. Let cake stand at cool room temperature 15 minutes before serving.